What: Postcards – Stories from the Mornington Peninsula is a touring history exhibition. Initiated by the Mornington Peninsula Local History Network, the exhibition explores eight key townships of the Mornington region – each through a postcard, objects and related images. To be used in conjunction with a visit to the exhibition, this education kit provides teachers with background knowledge of all eight exhibits on display, along with extensive information of the region’s unique history.
The exhibition will be launched by the Mornington Peninsula Shire in conjunction with the Mornington Peninsula Local History Network at the Sorrento Museum on Sunday 8th June at 1.30pm.
Following the launch the exhibition will tour the peninsula before being shown at the Royal Historical Society of Victoria in Melbourne.
Discover the holidaying history of the peninsula at:
- Nepean Museum, Sorrento – 8 June to 15 August 2014
- Frankston Library – 8 September to 5 October 2014
- Mornington Library – 11 October to 16 November 2014
- Coolart Wetlands, Somers – 22 November 2014 to 25 January 2015
- Royal Historical Society of Victoria, Melbourne – 2 February to 9 March 2015
Follow the link to the Mornington Peninsula Shire