Nabo Community Grants is a national grants program that forms part of our commitment to supporting and strengthening local communities.
Nabo Community Grants will provide $50,000 worth of funding for projects or programs that help build safer and stronger communities.
To enter, simply become a member, create a group profile for your community group or charity on nabo.com.au and complete the online Nabo Community Grants application form.
There will be $10,000 available for each group of states and territories.
The community grant groups consist of:
- Queensland – closing date 5 April
- New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory – closing date 26 April
- Victoria – closing date 24 May
- South Australia, Northern Territory and Tasmania – closing date 28 June
- Western Australia – closing 26 July
Nabo Community Grants will be awarded to projects or programs that encourage one or more of the following:
Community connectedness – Projects or programs that assist in building healthier and more vibrant communities and ultimately foster community spirit.
Disaster preparedness and responsiveness – Projects or programs that support communities to be better prepared for and respond to a disaster.
Community inclusion – Projects or programs that encourage more inclusive communities by connecting and supporting marginalised Australians, for example:
- Culturally and linguistically diverse
- Disadvantaged youth
- Economically disadvantaged
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer or intersex (GLBTQI) community
- People with a disability
- The aged.
- Completed projects or programs
- Fundraising campaigns and appeals
- Religious and political activities
- Travel, study or attending conferences
- Ongoing operational costs such as rent, power, labour and administration costs required for the implementation of a project or program
- Retrospective or deficit funding request, including funding of past activities, loan repayments or operational deficits.
- Applications for the Nabo Community Grants are open to community focused, not-for-profit organisations, registered charities and individuals endorsed as a deductible gift recipient.
National organisations are welcome to apply provided the project or program they nominate operates only within one state or territory.
Successful entrants must:
1.Be a legal entity in Australia with a current Australian Business Number (ABN)
2.Be one or more of the following: ◦Registered Australian charity
◦Not-for-profit community organisation
◦Deductible gift recipient
3.Have a project or program idea that encourages and assists to help build safer
and stronger communities
4.Deliver an Australian-based grant-funded project or program that will support one
of our community grant themes.
Nabo Community Grants will not fund:
- Organisations without an ABN
- Individuals, unless endorsed as a deductible gift recipient
- Organisations that operate for profit
- Unincorporated associations
- Schools, TAFEs, Colleges and Universities
- Government organisations
- Political organisations
- Religious organisations
- Projects or programs that will be implemented outside of Australia
Additionally, Nabo Community Grants will NOT be considered for requests including:
Applications / Guidelines
Application methods: Online
- Email: email@example.com