What: The Milk Bar Label Launch is aiming to kick start a local go-getter into a long term career in the fashion industry with an innovative design competition.
Milk Bar Clothing has 40 years worth of industry knowledge and connections and has joined forces with local label Nunday, Voyager Screen Printing, Mornington Peninsula Shire and Mornington Chamber of Commerce to find the next young designer.
The winning designer/s will win:
- $2000 worth of start up stock to be sold in store at Milk Bar Clothing and online
- A collaboration with the boys from Nunday to be cross promoted and sold in store and online through Milk Bar Clothing
- Ongoing Mentoring from industry experts giving you 40 years worth of industry knowledge and experience
- And more to be announced
When: A workshop will be held between 11am – 2pm on the 22 May 2016 where young designers between the ages of 16 to 30 years can:
- Make a pitch and show us what you’re up to
- Meet industry professionals and hear some vital tips
- Give your label ideas the best chance at taking out the prize
- Showcase a fresh vision for those chasing a career in the fashion industry
- Be part of an exciting industry-based mentoring opportunity
Where: Artspace @ the Corner Youth Centre Mornington (Youth Centre @ PCT Wilsons Road Mornington)
If this sounds like it might be the opportunity you have been looking for, download the application form at www.nunday.com.au/LABEL-LAUNCH_c22.htm to put forward your label and vision.
For more information: P: Al at Milk Bar Clothing on 5976 8774 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This project has the support of Mornington Peninsula Shire through its Creative Community Grants Program